We’re thrilled to propose two sessions for next year’s 2008 South by Southwest Interactive Festival. Please visit the 2008 SXSW Interactive Panel Picker and vote for us if you’d like to attend these sessions next year.
Here’s our descriptions and takeaways:
CREATING PASSIONATE GAMES: A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH
Description:How do you incorporate passion into your games? Learn several techniques to heighten dramatic moments through gameplay, art direction, and narrative. We’ll help you articulate your passion and translate it into a game experience that is both fun and memorable for the player.
- Attendees will learn how to instill storytelling within game design decisions.
- Attendees will learn how to use cinematographic techniques in producing cut scenes and in-game art.
- Attendees will learn how writing techniques can capture the vision behind the game.
COULD YOUR FILM BE A GAME?
Description: Join two veterans of the game industry as they give you tips on navigating the game industry. Topics include major players in the industry, how a game gets made, the uses of games, and whether making a game is right for your project.
- Attendees will learn what components are needed to make a game.
- Attendees will learn about game genres and their characteristics.
- Attendees will learn about major players in the game industry.
Guess that game dialog! Today’s line: “True power serves–it does not enslave.”