Have you done it yet? The clock is ticking down. A mere few days are all that remain before your freedom to choose is taken from you. Voting for South by Southwest Interactive 2008 (SxSW) ends at 11:59 PM this Friday, September 21, 2007. Thanks to everyone who’s already voted for our two panels, CREATING PASSIONATE GAMES and COULD YOUR FILM BE A GAME? If you haven’t yet, now’s your chance. Click here to vote for our panels now.
In case you want to help shape the future of games but don’t have a lot of time, Gamedev features the top ten picks for SxSW Interactive 2008, written by none other than Sande. We’d like to add one more panel recommendation: John Biehler’s Developers are from Mars and Business is from Venus panel explores collaboration, something near and dear to our hearts.
Want to learn more about our panels? Read on, then vote!
CREATING PASSIONATE GAMES: A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH
Description:How do you incorporate passion into your games? Learn several techniques to heighten dramatic moments through gameplay, art direction, and narrative. We’ll help you articulate your passion and translate it into a game experience that is both fun and memorable for the player.
- Attendees will learn how to instill storytelling within game design decisions.
- Attendees will learn how to use cinematographic techniques in producing cut scenes and in-game art.
- Attendees will learn how writing techniques can capture the vision behind the game.
COULD YOUR FILM BE A GAME?
Description: Join two veterans of the game industry as they give you tips on navigating the game industry. Topics include major players in the industry, how a game gets made, the uses of games, and whether making a game is right for your project.
- Attendees will learn what components are needed to make a game.
- Attendees will learn about game genres and their characteristics.
- Attendees will learn about major players in the game industry.
If you want to learn all this and more, then vote for our panels! Remember, you only have until September 21st!