Unlike most years in review, you can partake in these adventures, even if you’re not a game writer yourself. While some adventures took me far from home, some I enjoyed from the comfort of my home, and so can you!
- Started playing FARMVILLE
- Organized IGDA WIG SIG social at GDC
- Spoke about Hot Warrior Women at the LOGIN Conference
- Was caught by surprise when I found out AQUA, which I wrote the dialog for, launched for XBLA
- Stopped playing FARMVILLE
- Randomly worked on HOUSE for two weeks as office wench
- Attended my first PAX expo
- Started playing LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE – Free 2 Play
- Enjoyed the launch of ROCK OF THE DEAD for 360/PS3
- Attended my first Paris Games Week
- Played a bunch of co-op shooters on 360
While the video for our presentation, “Hot Warrior Women, and six other tips for MMO Content Development,” is not here, you can point and laugh at the game writing interview I did at the conference.
And the cows of California were safe.
Did you know dengue fever is actually pronounced den-gee? I did not, and I hope that information never comes in handy again.
If you haven’t gone yet, you should go next year! Check out the pics from our panel on game writing!
Because how premium games transition to the micro-transaction model is an important lesson to learn. And you get to talk to Strider.
It’s like a small E3, except you can’t understand anyone. Which is not so different from E3, now that I think of it, with all the noise.
Warmed up by accidentally stabbing my partner to death. In retaliation, he stabbed me in the back, and we died together. How Shakespearian. Good times.
And as a bonus, I also entertained a new puppy, which I will now force you to enjoy:
Which adventure are you going to take on in 2011?