Digital comics are the wave of the present (the future is already upon us!), so join a bunch of comic book creators tonight to learn about creating, producing, and marketing digital comics! As you might have guessed, I will be one of the speakers for the Digital Comics Panel, moderated by Digital LA’s Kevin Winston! Kevin revealed his secret talent by drawing several of the panelists as superheroes. Can you guess which one is me? Hint: I’m obsessed with wearing jackets!
Monday, July 15, 2013
7083 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
– David Uslan, Graphicly, VP of Business Development @dmuslan @graphicly
– Kyle Higgins, Writer on titles including Batman Gates of Gotham, Nightwing, Deathstroke. @KyleDHiggins
– Anne Toole, Writer, Lion Forge Comics. Also written for comic book sequences in video games. @amely.
– Ron Martino, devianART, Producer and Director, @ronmartino.
– Hal Hefner, head of Transmedia LA, Catmonkey COO. Formerly at Fourth Wall Studios. @halhefner.
– Cooper Harris, actress and creator of Mighty Woman superhero web series. @cooperharris.
– Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA, CEO and Founder, @DigitalLA @kevinwinston.
– 7-8p: Check in and Networking. Appetizers provided by WeWork.
– 8-9:30p: Panel and Q&A.
RSVP and join in the love!
Bonus: Going to SDCC? Check out this panel on Thursday!
The Pitching Hour
Jermaine Turner (director, current series, Disney TV Animation), Ted Biaselli (VP programming, The Hub Network), Jill Sanford (VP, Nickelodeon Animation Development), Derek Hoffman (VP, Donner Co.), Anne Toole (writer), Charlie Chu (editor, Oni Press), Lindsay Rostal(game producer, The Odd Gentlemen), Jennie Kong (PR strategist), and moderator Dan Evans III(freelance writer, Stoopid Monkey), will take an idea from conception through production for various media. This process will include creating a pitch document, obtaining agents, and getting a pitch meeting. The panelists will explain, through hypothetical example and humorous stories, the process that new creators should adapt to make their way through the creative battleground of the entertainment industry. Knowing that each project is unique, there will be a Q&A to allow the audience to really hone in on the solutions to obstacles they may encounter. Also on hand will be Brendan McFeely (IP lawyer, Kane Kessler) to give creators insight on protecting their ideas as they navigate Hollywood!